Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century 2020
A high school supplemental curriculum, which was reviewed and approved by the Smithsonian offers six science based lessons about soil science.
- Lesson 1: In Search of Essential Nutrients
- Lesson 2: Properties of Soils
- Lesson 3: Plant-Soil Interactions
- Lesson 4: Plant Nutrient Deficiencies
- Lesson 5: Fertilizers and the Environment
- Lesson 6: Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century
- Lesson Plans PDF
- Classroom Presentation Powerpoint
- Pre- and Post-Test Assessments
- Flashcards Activity PDF
Middle & High School Lesson 5: Nourising the Planet in the 21st Century (9:32)
Download transcript PDF
Once we start talking about soil pH, students start making connections to how nutrients are utilized, and that is key to it clicking and them getting intrigued. The NFLF lessons show the bigger picture that nutrients NPK need to be balanced.
High School Agriculture Teacher, Eskridge, KS