Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century
These six science-based lessons teach plant and soil science to middle school students, grades 5-8, in a fun and interactive manner. The Smithsonian Institution favorably reviewed all three levels of curriculum.
- Lesson 1: In Search of Essential Nutrients
- Lesson 2: Properties of Soils
- Lesson 3: Plant-Soil Interactions
- Lesson 4: Plant Nutrient Deficiencies
- Lesson 5: Fertilizers and the Environment
- Lesson 6: Nourishing the Planet in the 21st Century
- Lesson Plans PDF
- Classroom Presentation Powerpoint
- Pre- and Post-Test Assessments
- Flashcards Activity PDF
NFL materials really provide a strong foundation for teachers to get the opportunity to for real world experience connected to next generation science standards. We all struggle to find how to bundle those into a real world package, and this curriculum provides that for you, with enough hands on activities to keep it engaging.